There are absolutely items that you must have to do any rubber stamping and paper crafting projects. I am sharing my Top 5 must have tools to have in your paper crafting tool box. So let’s get to the list.
Top 5 “MUST HAVE” Paper Crafting Tools
- BONE FOLDER: The bone folder is used to score fold lines for cards, and to burnish the fold so your card will lay flat. It is used to help score and fold paper or cardstock when making 3D items. It is also great for adding distressed edges to cards and other projects. It is only 6″ long so makes for easy storage.
- PAPER SNIPS: The paper snips are a must for any and all paper trimming needs. Used for the basics of cutting ribbon and twine, the excess paper that can happen occasionally on the edge of a card or project. Perfect for cutting out stamped images, desired images on Designer Series Paper, even getting that cellophane off a new ink pad. The thin blades can even get in the smallest of areas for cutting. The protective cover is a safety feature to protect the paper snips while storing. It’s size is small and easy to store. I am sure that you can think of other crafts that you could use the paper snips.
- PAPER TRIMMER: The paper trimmer is a must must must have tool. The current trimmer is lightweight and can be on the go with you. It has a 7-3/4″ wide cutting base and has a 17″ extendable ruler arm, and is great for all 12″x 12″ cardstock or paper. The ruler is both inches and metric. It also has a midpoint ruler for those smaller projects. To ensure that the ruler and grid do not wear off, they are covered by durable plastic. The paper trimmer comes with both a cutting blade and a scoring blade. If I did not use the paper trimmer I would have very wavy projects…I cannot hand cut a straight line!
- GRID PAPER: The 11″ x 17″ grid paper is doubled sided, inches on one side and metric on the reverse side. The grid is marked at 1/4″. It is perfect not only for protecting your work area, but is great for practicing stamping or using the stamping off technique. It can be used to help with spacing or lining up where to stamp an image. One she can be used multiple time before it may get to where it needs to be tossed or recycled.
- SIMPLY SHAMMY: The simply shammy is a must have for cleaning your stamps! It is 5″ x 7″ and fits perfectly in the standard stamp case. It is reusable and portable so it can go with you to any stamping event.
If you don’t have one or any of these must have tools, just click on the product name and you will be taken to the order page. If you have any question just leave a comment and I will reply back to your comment.