Yesterday, I spoke about having a creative block, and what has been going through my mind the past few weeks. I finally was able to break out of my creative block. I really needed to make a birthday card for a friend who has a birthday today. So today I will say “Happy Birthday” to my special friend.
Steps I followed to break my creative block.
- The very first thing that I did was to straighten up and clean the office/craft room. I needed a fresh clean slate.
- The second step was thinking about my friend and going into all the “brain files” and thinking about all the things that she likes.
- The third step was getting my supplies together. A must have was something polka dot related. I grabbed a couple of stamp sets (yes, one is a retired stamp set), my ballon punch.
- The forth step was picking colors…I wanted a combination of colors that were bright and cheery. I grabbed card stock, ink pads, markers, and a couple of embellishments.
- The fifth step was creating and putting the card together.
At the bottom of this post you will find the list of supplies I used to create this fun “It’s Your Day” birthday card.
Steps to Create Card
- Stamp the polka dot image for a background starting with Daffodil Delight first, Melon Mambo second, and Bermuda Bay last. NOTE: I used the stamp off technique. Daffodil Delight…ink stamp, stamp, re-ink stamp, stamp. Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight…ink stamp, stamp, stamp, re-ink stamp, stamp, stamp.
- Punch out Bermuda Bay balloon using the larger balloon in the punch.
- Ink “It’s Your Day” with the markers, stamp on Whisper White card stock. Punch out using the smaller balloon in the punch.
- Adhere the It’s Your Day balloon to the Bermuda Bay balloon using one standard Stampin’ Dimensional near the top of the balloon and a mini Stampin’ Dimensional near the base of the balloon.
- Use 12″ of the Sheer Whisper White Ribbon to tie a bow. Trim any excess to have as shown in the photo. Adhere bow to the bottom of the balloon using a mini glue dot.
- Using two mini glue dots adhere balloons to the upper left corner of the card.
- Adhere Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels. See photo for placement locations. Use two large Coastal Cabana, use one large and two small Pumpkin Pie, use one large and one small Cherry Cobbler.
|Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $9.75||Bermuda Bay 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $8.75||Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker  $3.50||Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50|
|Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50||Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker  $3.50||Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker  $3.50||Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50|
|Balloon Bouquet Punch  $18.00||Perpetual Birthday Calendar Photopolymer Stamp Set  $24.00||¨C10C Best Catch Cling Stamp Set  $20.00||¨C11C Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon  $6.00|
|¨C12C Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels  $6.00||¨C13C Mini Glue Dots  $5.25||¨C14C Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals  $4.00||¨C15C Stampin’ Dimensionals  $4.00|